Standard Psychological Fees
SW Psychology offers rebates of up to $124.50 per session on psychology sessions through Medicare. Alternatively you can contact your Private Health Insurance to determine your eligibility for claiming through your health fund (see below for more information).
You do not require a written referral to attend psychology sessions, however, some referrals will provide you access to rebated sessions, as outlined below.
The cost of a Standard Psychology Consultation is:
- Standard Psychology Appointment (50 min) – $185 (Medicare Rebates Available)
- Concession Rate for Full Time University Students & Health Care Card Holders – $150 (Medicare Rebates Available)
- Evening or Weekend Rates (for sessions after 5:30pm) – $10 extra
PLEASE NOTE: For all Child/Adolescents under the age of 16, parents are first invited to attend a parent-only appointment. This parent-only session will gather all relevant background information, developmental history and parent treatment goals, and give you an opportunity to discuss the process of child/adolescent therapy before your child commences treatment. This is a long consultation and does not require your child/adolescent to be present.
To make an initial appointment call SW Psychology on (03) 9806 0623, Book Online, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All SW Psychologists are approved Medicare Providers. You can obtain a Medicare referral to an SW Psychology Psychologist by discussing with your GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist your eligibility for this service, and requesting a referral to SW Psychology.
If you or your child are eligible for a referral under the Medicare ‘Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP)’ you can claim rebates (between $84.80 and $124.50 per session) for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
- Dr Carli Growcott’s Medicare Rebate Schedule is $124.50 (gap of $60.50 for a standard consultation, or $25.50 for Student Rate)
- Shannyn Wilson and Magda Kurzak’s Medicare Rebate Schedule is $84.80 (gap of $100.20 for a standard consultation, or $65.20 for Student Rate)
Please speak to our reception team at SW Psychology to find out more.
Private Health Insurance Rebates
If you are not claiming rebates through Medicare, you may be able to claim a rebate on sessions through your Private Health Insurance, dependent upon your extras benefits. Please speak with your Insurance Company to determine your level of cover.
SW Psychology takes pride in providing a consistent approach to treatment and continued client care.
Due to an increased demand in appointments, our cancellation policy is in place to allow for a more efficient booking system for all families. This also increases availability of appointments to others if you are unable to attend your booked appointment.
If for some reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact SW Psychology as early as possible, to ensure that your reserved appointment time can be free to be offered to someone else.
In the event of a cancellation, the following cancellation fees will apply:
- More than 48hrs notice = no fee charged
- Between 24-48 hrs notice = 50% of session cost cancellation fee will apply
- Less than 24 hrs notice = full session fee amount will apply
* Please be mindful that our SMS reminder service is a courtesy reminder sent the day before your scheduled appointment and should not be relied upon if needing to reschedule or cancel your appointment.
* Please note that Medicare and Health Insurance rebates are not applicable to cancellation fees.
Thank you for you assistance with this.