Standard Psychological Fees
SW Psychology offers rebates on psychology sessions through either Medicare or Private Health Insurance (see below for more information).
The cost of a standard psychology consultation is:
- Initial ADULT Appointment (50 min) – $210
- Initial CHILD/ADOLESCENT Appointment (80 min) – $260 (For all Child/Adolescents under the age of 16. This is a parent-only session to gather background information and developmental history. This is a long consultation and does not require your child/adolescent to be present).
- Subsequent ADULT Appointment (50 min) – $185
- Subsequent CHILD/ADOLESCENT Appointment (50 min) – $185
- Concession Rate for Full Time University Students & Health Care Card Holders – $150
- Evening or Weekend Rates (for sessions after 5:30pm) – $10 extra
You do not require a written referral to attend psychology sessions, however, some referrals will provide you access to rebated sessions, as outlined below.
To make an initial appointment call SW Psychology on (03) 9806 0623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SW Psychologists are approved Medicare Providers. Most GP’s, Paediatrician’s or Psychiatrist’s can refer you to SW Psychology under Medicare if are you are eligible for this service.
If you or your child are eligible for a referral under the Medicare ‘Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP)’ you can claim rebates (between $84.80 and $124.50 per session) for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
Please speak to SW Psychology, or your GP to find out more.
Private Health Insurance Rebates
If you are not claiming rebates through Medicare, you may be able to claim a rebate on sessions through your Private Health Insurance, dependent upon your extras benefits. Please speak with your Insurance Company to determine your level of cover.
SW Psychology takes pride in providing a consistent approach to treatment and continued client care.
Due to an increased demand in appointments, our cancellation policy is in place to allow for a more efficient booking system for all families. This also increases availability of appointments to others if you are unable to attend your booked appointment.
If for some reason you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact SW Psychology as early as possible, to ensure that your reserved appointment time can be free to be offered to someone else.
In the event of a cancellation, the following cancellation fees will apply:
- More than 48hrs notice = no fee charged
- Between 24-48 hrs notice = 50% of session cost cancellation fee will apply
- Less than 24 hrs notice = full session fee amount will apply
* Please be mindful that our SMS reminder service is a courtesy reminder sent the day before your scheduled appointment and should not be relied upon if needing to reschedule or cancel your appointment.
* Please note that Medicare and Health Insurance rebates are not applicable to cancellation fees.
Thank you for you assistance with this.